An Important Update: Rouge Noir
I have painted my nails Chanel Rouge Noir today.
That’s because I am going to the party for a book called LUXURY. (It is big of me to attend, given the almost wilful avoidance of nail polish on that book jacket).
Anyway, Rouge Noir is one of the all time most glamorous shades in the universe, despite the problems that wearing it on this night out raised. (Things might not have got so out of hand if she hadn’t had it on her toes too).
It was one of the first real cult nail polishes, as I realised when my friend Clare and I took the train from university to spend the dregs of our student loan on the last two bottles in London in 1995. More of that tomorrow.
Filed under: Cult shades, Me and my nails, Nail Icons, Nail Polish in the Movies | 5 Comments
- @jojomoyes @tracey_thorn I LOVE it! 10 hours ago
- @jamieklingler @dollyalderton @HRWright @PINsykes @pandorasykes 🤦🏼♀️ https://t.co/jFVAMR6Ltv 11 hours ago
- RT @colsonwhitehead: Now that it's totally official, I feel okay about spreading the word -- I'm pretty psyched, obviously! https://t.co/tT… 11 hours ago
- First Edition Great Gatsby... - Being auctioned on Thursday. This seems like a perfectly reasonable gift... tmblr.co/ZclDLx2J_G2SM 23 hours ago
- @soul_of_twit @scouserachel I need ac12 to investigate a WAISTCOAT WITH LAPELS before anything else tbh 1 day ago