Joan Collins – a manicured salute
Firstly, hello new people! Welcome! I trust that you are here because you are either obsessed by nails and nail polish too, you read Sali’s piece in the Guardian or you wandered over via Twitter.
As a special welcome treat I bring you the MAJESTY of what can happen when nail polish and Twitter collide – brought together by no finer alchemist than Joan Collins.
Clearly Joan is a nail icon. From her early Hollywood days, via her iconic Alexis Colby-Carrington days, to her current swooning at the Academy Awards because of a tight but kick-ass dress days. Hell, even my Joanie as Alexis doll – a birthday gift from my friend Julia – has an immaculate manicure and pedicure.
It turns out that she’s also an avid Tweeter – complete with fabulous nails in her Twitter profile. She offers everything from hair advice for Katie Price to reports on the weather while she’s in the South of France. It’s a source of huge joy, apart from one tiny snag – she has developed a habit of retweeting a lot of the compliments sent to her. It’s a tiny bit uncool. Just, well … it’s not very her. I’m actually worried that she has an automated retweet set up and she doesn’t realise what she’s doing. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway.
But not everyone keeps their opinions to themselves. A tweeter called @mydadisloaded pulled her up on it, and thought that Joan had taken heed. But Joan had not taken heed. She had taken offense. Instead of obeying, she blocked. But DEAR LORD she did it in magnificent style. I salute you Joan, with an impeccably manicured hand.
(But please bear in mind the retweeting thing. It’s not cool. I say this with love.)
Filed under: Nail Icons, Nail Polish in the Movies, Polish | Leave a Comment
- @jojomoyes @tracey_thorn I LOVE it! 10 hours ago
- @jamieklingler @dollyalderton @HRWright @PINsykes @pandorasykes 🤦🏼♀️ https://t.co/jFVAMR6Ltv 11 hours ago
- RT @colsonwhitehead: Now that it's totally official, I feel okay about spreading the word -- I'm pretty psyched, obviously! https://t.co/tT… 11 hours ago
- First Edition Great Gatsby... - Being auctioned on Thursday. This seems like a perfectly reasonable gift... tmblr.co/ZclDLx2J_G2SM 23 hours ago
- @soul_of_twit @scouserachel I need ac12 to investigate a WAISTCOAT WITH LAPELS before anything else tbh 1 day ago